Preparation & Cooking Time: 30-min
- Carrots (shred)
- Black fungus
- Red Chilli (shred)
Step by Step Cooking Method
- Soak the seaweed for 30 – 45 mins and change the water a few times until no ‘soapy’ feel.
- Soak the black fungus & tang hoon separately for 30 mins.
- Drain the tang hoon and blanch the tang hoon in boiling water for 1.5 mins and drain the water. Rinse with cold water and set aside
- Drain the soaked black fungus and blanch in boiling water then rinse it with tap water. Set aside
- Drain the seaweed and rinse with tap water then hot water & lastly cold water. Drain & set aside
- Blanch shredded carrot in boiling water for 30sec and set aside
- Dressing (You can adjust the taste according to your liking based on these seasonings)
Cold dish dressing (You can adjust the taste according to your liking based on these seasonings)
- sautée chopped garlic with a tbsp of oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp black vinegar
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Mix the seasonings together to make the cold dish dressing. Add in the sautéed garlic and mix well.
- Separately, add tang hoon, seaweed, carrot, and chilli together and pour in the dressing and mix well. Ready to serve or you can keep in the fridge and consume in an hour.
Recipe by Mummy Lena, mum of 2 boys