- 250g of sliced beef
- 5 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of french beans
- 1 cup of carrot
- 1 cup of shimeji mushroom
- Ebara Gyudon (for beef) sauce
- 3 packets of Udon
- Cooking oil
- Seasoning powder
- Pinch of salt
Step by Step Cooking Method
- Boil a pot of water and put the broccoli florets in boiling water. Sprinkle a pinch of salt. Blanch it and set aside.
- Boil a pot of water and put the 3 packs of udon noodles in the boiling water. Cook the udon for about 1 min and drain the water. Then set aside.
- Heat up the wok and add 2 tsp of cooking oil. Add in the chopped garlic followed by the carrot and french beans. Stir fry both vegetables and when it is about 80% cooked, add in shimeiji mushrooms and the blanched broccoli florets. Add 1 tbsp of seasoning powder and mix well, then set aside.
- Heat up the wok, add 2 tsp cooking oil and cut onions. Saute for 1 minute followed by the beef.
- Stir fry the beef and when it is 80% cooked, add 4 tbsp of the Ebara Gyudon sauce and mix well.
- Add the cooked udon in the beef and mix well. Next, add in the cooked veggies and mix well.
- Add more Ebara Gyudon sauce if you prefer a more savoury taste
- The stir-fried udon is now ready to be served
Contributed by Lena Soh, mum of 2